Laura Goes to France!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Port Cros Island

So let me tell you about the trip where I had the time of my life and wore no makeup. On Wednesday May 27, we took the ferry to an island out in the Mediterranean called Port Cros. The majority of the island is a national park, and only about 40 something people live there (google it, it's pretty sweet). We all stayed in little rooms right by the beach - it felt like camp. The day we got there we hiked around and saw some of the island, snorkeled in a pretty bay, and layed out on the beach. We literally were hiking up on a mountain and right next to the water at the same time. The Mediterranean Sea is gorgeous - I have never seen anything like it!

Thursday we went on a long hike in the morning and saw some more great views, and then in the afternoon we went SCUBA DIVING! It was so incredible, I don't even feel like it really happened. We only went down about 20 feet, but it was great. I saw 2 red starfish and schools of lots of different kinds of fish. I felt like I was in some type of simulator. It was weird trying to breathe but I got used to it after a while. I wish I could have taken a video of it all!

The island was really fun because we just got hang out with everyone, not care what we looked like, get a lot of exercise, and see some incredible bits of God's creation. We also had a blast just getting to know each other more. I'm excited to see what the rest of the trip will hold, because it's already been amazing!

p.s. Here is my facebook photo album

2 Comments:

  • At June 4, 2009 at 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Laura! I saw your pictures and they are so beautiful!! That sounds like such a great experience :) I'm glad you're having fun!!
    -Sydni

     
  • At June 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM , Blogger The Corwins said...

    Wow, what beautiful pictures!! It was fun to see them! We missed you at the beach a lot. Hopefully we can see you and Michael soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home